[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Migrate from JBossMQ over HTTPs to JBoss-Messaging

greyfairer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 23 12:37:33 EDT 2008

Hi all,

We have a JBossMQ setup in production with one central server, 150 relay servers, and 10.000 clients. The relay servers connect to the central server using JMS over HTTPs, using an JNDI lookup over HTTPS with these properties:

java.naming.provider.url=https://jbossmq.ebit.be/invoker/HAJNDIFactorySSL
  | java.naming.factory.initial=org.jboss.naming.HttpNamingContextFactory
  | java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces;java.protocol.handler.pkgs
  | jndiName=HTTPConnectionFactory

The relay servers and the central server are now JBoss 4.0.3sp1 with the included JBossMQ implementation.

Would it be possible to upgrade the central server to JBoss-Messaging? Do we need to do any changes to the relay servers? These relay servers are clients to the central server. I read that we need to include jboss-messaging-client.jar in the classpath, will this conflict with the jbossmq server jars?

Does JBoss-Messaging have an implementation of an HTTPConnectionFactory, or maybe we can reuse the JBossMQ implementation, without changing anything?

Thanks in advance,
Geert.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4178379#4178379

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4178379