[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: NullPointerException in JavaEEComponentHelper with JBoss

JeffBrooks do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 25 16:58:50 EDT 2008

"wolfc" wrote : I didn't not expect such a bug to surface in CR2, so I'm just as disappointed with the situation as you guys. Not using JBoss AS 5 as a workaround, that is something I find rubbish. ;-)

I sense a rubbish fad coming on! ;-)

"wolfc" wrote : Yup, so far I found 2 cases where JavaEEComponentHelper throws a NPE.
  | I want cover all bases, so we can get going without any workarounds.
  | How come my workaround is a bigger impact? It should just be a repacking.

The .ear that couldn't be deployed has 25 modules in it.

The same .ear has two @EJB annotations in it.

Removing two @EJB annotations takes less time than updating the packaging for 25 modules.

Jeff Brooks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4178918#4178918