[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Connection pool socket timeouts - appropriate recovery

ousie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Sep 27 06:11:24 EDT 2008

Hi,

We have a very unique issue at the moment with the following setup:
1.  JBoss 4.0.3 SP1
2.  Installed on Linux - Gentoo
3.  MSSQL 2005 database

About once a day, at random times, a connection will just die to the database.  By "just die" I mean a JBoss thread waits forever on:

  | java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
  | java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)
  | java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:178)
  | java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:152)
  | net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SharedSocket.readPacket(SharedSocket.java:826)

We discovered that the query was not even executed on the database, so query-timeout settings have no effect, it literally waits forever and we have to restart JBoss to fix this problem.

Is there a way to set the following socket timeouts on  the connections in the connection pool:
1.  timeout to wait for the connection to be established
2.  timeout to wait for data to be returned on the socket

Thanks,
Gerrit

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4179176#4179176

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4179176