[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: Resident Nodes evicted in heavy load conditions

mahendragoyal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 29 07:03:15 EDT 2008

Hi Markus,

we have encountered the same issue again, following are the settings used

jboss.Transaction.IsolationLevel=NONE
jboss.clustered.CacheMode=LOCAL
jboss.policyClass=org.jboss.cache.eviction.LRUPolicy
jboss.evictionThread.wakeUpIntervalSeconds=600
jboss.region.products.maxNodes=300jboss.region.products.timeToLiveSeconds=14400
jboss.region.products.eventQueueSize=200000

Stack Trace
--------------
org.jboss.cache.NodeNotValidException: Node /Products is not valid.  Perhaps it has been moved or removed.
  | 	at org.jboss.cache.invocation.NodeInvocationDelegate.assertValid(NodeInvocationDelegate.java:497)
  | 	at org.jboss.cache.invocation.NodeInvocationDelegate.getChild(NodeInvocationDelegate.java:330)
  | 	at com.pearson.commonbiz.app.appservices.caching.JBossCacheAdpater.getFromCache(JBossCacheAdpater.java:316)
  | 	at com.pearson.commonbiz.app.appservices.ResourcesCacheHelper.getFromCache(ResourcesCacheHelper.java:232)
  | 	at com.pearson.commonbiz.app.appservices.ResourcesCacheHelper.getResourceIDTypeListFromCache(ResourcesCacheHelper.java:156)
  | 	at com.pearson.ph.ois.presentation.actions.OISCoreAction.isProductHasService(OISCoreAction.java:734)
  | 	at com.pearson.ph.ois.presentation.actions.GetAllAssignmentsForClassAction.processRequest(GetAllAssignmentsForClassAction.java:319)
  | 	at com.pearson.ph.ois.presentation.actions.OISCoreAction.execute(OISCoreAction.java:87)
  | 	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:425)
  | 	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:228)
  | 	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1913)
  | 	at com.pearson.commonsys.dynaweb.uicontroller.ConcertActionServlet.process(ConcertActionServlet.java:230)
  | 	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:449)
Like I told you earlier we store the "Product" node in a hashtable which is marked as resident in the begining after the creation

Lately in our performance tests the error was coming up in logs every few hours.

I am not sure how I can reproduce it since its very inconsistent.

Could you please help us a bit with this

Many Thanks,
mahendra

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4179320#4179320

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4179320