[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Re: how to configure ssl between jboss and db

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 30 11:57:21 EDT 2008

There is nothing in JBossAS to configure SSL for the database connection - that has to be done by the JDBC driver because it has to be coordinated with the database. I would be very surprised if the Oracle JDBC driver (actually, one of the Oracle JDBC drivers because I think there are several) does not provide a means of connecting to the database using SSL.

Or maybe you already know that but do not know how to set up the configuration in *-ds.xml. In that case, there are two possibilities. First, I seem to recall that with Oracle you can add database properties to the connection URL. Second, you can use the config-property element to set JDBC driver configuration options. Several of the *-ds.xml files in docs/examples/jca use this element.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4179610#4179610

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4179610