[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: JPA/Hibernate JBC usage

zeravlai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 1 12:17:16 EDT 2009

Ooops I forgot another couple of questions:

- I'm testing the cache with PESSIMISTIC and both RR and RC.
- I understood from Manik that RC does not make any sense since hibernate session provides RR.
- But according to the document you pointed me to (hibernate-jbc), "pessimistic locking with REPEATABLE_READ will cause a write to block if there is a concurrent transaction which holds a read lock, till the read transaction commits".

I tested the following which leads me to a different interpretation.
- T1 and T2 reads an entity which has been previously cached. T2 starts slightly after T1.
- T1 then just waits ..... and T2 modifies a field of the read entity and commits (I see the cache and db updated).
- Then after a while T1 prints the same field T2 modified, and commits.

The two reads of T1 reports the same value (this is consistent with RR policy) but I don't see T2 blocking till T1 commits, which according to the document should be the case if OPTIMISTIC is used.

I'm sure I'm missing something "again" ;-) .

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4222716#4222716

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4222716