[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Queries to search the database for process instances ba

andiXT do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 2 03:28:23 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have the similar problem. I have some process instances which stores some variables of type serializable. I mean, variables are not simple String or long objects but custom beans which implements serializable. So, is it possible to make search query for such cases based on some property of such serializable beans?

Example: each process instance stores variable named "registrationInfo" which is of type RegistrationInfo:

  | public class RegistrationInfo implements Serializable{
  |     private String username;
  |     private String email;
  |     private String password;
  | }

Is it possible to make query for all process instances which store variable named "registrationInfo" and this variable has property "username" set to 'admin' for example? The purpose of this query to is check if there is a running process which stores registration information about user who has chosen some username. Just to check if such user name is not taken yet.
Is username whould stored as String variable I think there wouldn't problem to check that. But this username is stored inside of serializable bean, so I cannot guess how to fetch such records.
Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4222881#4222881

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4222881