[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - maxPostSize parameter on HTTP connector

tmoosa do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 3 03:47:46 EDT 2009

Hi guys,

Let me start off with some background information. I have developed some web services using the Documentum foundation services sdk and deployed them to a JBoss 4.2.2 application server.

I expose these services on the standard HTTP port and all sorts of security and authentication is handled by the application and not the web server.

I have a requirement to restrict incoming messages to 5 MB. I do not want to handle this functionality in my application but rather have it sorted out on the server side for obvious architectural reasons.

I have been investigating how this can be done on JBoss 4.2.2 and I was lead to believe that adding the maxPostSize parameter on the HTTP connector would solve my problem but unfortunately it does not seem to work.

I added this parameter to the relevant file, and then changed the attribute value but constantly used a 5MB as a test case.

The server did not throw any exceptions and adding this parameter does not seem to work.
Could you please assist me with getting this working???

The JBoss documentation gives the following description for the maxPostSize parameter:

anonymous wrote : The maximum size in bytes of the POST which will
  | be handled by the container FORM URL parameter
  | parsing. The limit can be disabled by setting this attribute
  | to a value less than or equal to 0. If not specified,
  | this attribute is set to 2097152 (2 megabytes).

I have read this almost a thousand times and the only section that seems to be vague is :

anonymous wrote : ...handled by the container FORM URL parameter
  | parsing...

Am I on the right track to finding a solution or is there some other way to restrict large input message.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4223189#4223189

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4223189