[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - java.net.SocketException: Too many open files

igain do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 3 11:49:42 EDT 2009

Hi,

While load testing on Jboss 4.3 we are seeing one exception again and again.
Initially when we saw this we increased our FD limit on Sun OS from 256 to 8000
Even after setting max file descriptor 8000 in the Sun OS, it is giving same exception

  | 2009-04-03 00:49:38,777 ERROR [org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint] Socket accept failed
  | java.net.SocketException: Too many open files
  |         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAccept(Native Method)
  |         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:384)
  |         at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:450)
  |         at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:421)
  |         at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.acceptSocket(DefaultServerSocketFactory.java:61)
  |         at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Acceptor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:310)
  |         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

What could be the possible reason for it ??
Do we need to set FD limit in JVM as well ?

We are using JDK1.5

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4223342#4223342

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4223342