[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - JBoss Connection Pooling Problem With Unisys DMS-II JDBC Dri

acastanheira2001 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 6 16:27:38 EDT 2009

Hi, people.

I tried to configure a datasource using Unisys DMS-II Jdbc Driver. I wrote the configuration below:

    <no-tx-datasource>
         <jndi-name>DmsiiMyDB-DS</jndi-name>
         <connection-url>jdbc:unisys:dmsql:Unisys.DMSII:resource=mydb;host=myHost;port=1111;</connection-url>
         <driver-class>com.unisys.jdbc.dmsql.Driver</driver-class>
         <user-name>MyUser</user-name>
         MyPassword
         <min-pool-size>1</min-pool-size>
         <max-pool-size>3</max-pool-size>
         <idle-timeout-minutes>1</idle-timeout-minutes>
    </no-tx-datasource>

That????s the situation:
1) My application invokes the first connection to DMS-II database; JBoss opens this connection and the application works fine;
2) The application invokes the second and third connections, working fine;
3) When the application tries to invoke the connection again it fails;
4) At Unisys mainframe side the DMS-II query show 3 active connections.

My theory is: JBoss is not managing correctly connection pooling with DMS-II Jdbc Driver. Every time a connection is requested JBoss establish it with DMS-II Database and do not release it after use. When the number of requests reaches its maximum value new connections are refused and the old connection are not release for reuse.

I am use JBOSS 4.2.0-GA-SP2 , JDK 1.5.0.15 .

Can anybody help me???

Thanks !!!!

Andre

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4223804#4223804