[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: JBoss Connection Pooling Problem With Unisys DMS-II JDBC

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 6 18:01:25 EDT 2009

Are you sure the app is releasing the connection when it is done with it? Have you tracked the connection usage using the jboss.jca:service=ManagedConnectionPool,name=DmsiiMyDB-DS MBean? If the app does not release the connections, then yes when it attempt to get a fourth connection it will be blocked.

Once all three connections have been established, those connections will remain active until they time out after being unused. And setting the timeout to 1 minute is not a good idea - usually 10-15 minutes is better.

We have run the specjappserver benchmark against the DMSII JDBC driver and have not had issues with it releasing connections.

I am going to assume that you have purchased support for JBoss from Unisys (I know you must have such support for DMSII). It might be better it you opened a trouble report with Unisys, then the guys who work on the JDBC driver can help you (it's been many years since I worked on that...)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4223818#4223818

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4223818