[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: What is the definition of Node in treecache? Passive?

yangju do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 7 11:38:24 EDT 2009

Well, sometimes we see in production that the total number of objects cached is far more than what we defined for max node number in treecache.xml. We deploy hibernate session factory as mbean and turns on  the session factory statistics so we can watch all the caching behavior. In one particular case, the max node in the treecache.xml is 30,000 but we saw the total objects cached is 97,000. The jvm eventually got outofmemory error and we had to restarted jboss. Althought this is rare case, we constantly observe that the total number objects cached outnumbers the max node number by a small amount.

Is this expected behavior? Why tree cache does not follow the max node that we defined?

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4224092#4224092

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4224092