[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Good framework to use in JBoss Portal?

psevestre do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 7 13:36:23 EDT 2009

I was quite successful using AndroMDA as a basic tool to develop a set of portlets for a project of mine.

The only caveat is that the code generator assumes a liferay portal out of the box, but this can be easily changed thanks to the extensive customization hooks that this tool provides.

The generated code uses JSF for presentation, using the trinidad components and you can choose from a handful of options to implement your service and persistence layers.

For modeling, I've used ArgoUML 0.26, which is pretty usable and offers full support for the UML features needed for proper UI code generation.

In my particular scenario (simple forms, wizards and master/detail reports), AndroMA was able to take care of ~ 90% of UI code, but YMMV...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4224127#4224127

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4224127