[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Cluster nodes not discovered

sureshrk19 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 7 15:39:18 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to setup 2 node cluster;
Jboss 4.2.3
Jdk 1.5
APache 2.2 with mod_jk 1.2.x

On local desktop everything works fine; I configured 2 nodes (all and copy_of_all) on single machine and configured cluster. Application (.war file) is copied to '/all/farm/' directory and the same is notified to second node on startup. Loadbalancing, fail-over all works fine.

Now, I'm trying the same setup on remote linux boxes i.e.,  2 Jboss nodes on 2 different boxes. In this case, the nodes are not recognizing the other cluster node.

On both the nodes, I see the following messages...

---------

15:18:02,378 INFO  [DefaultPartition] Number of cluster members: 1
15:18:02,378 INFO  [DefaultPartition] Other members: 0
15:18:02,378 INFO  [DefaultPartition] Fetching state (will wait for 30000 milliseconds):
15:18:02,379 INFO  [DefaultPartition] State could not be retrieved (we are the first member in group)

---------
As I copied the application to "/farm" directory of node1 (of machine 1)... the application is served by the same node all the time. If I kill the node1 then, node2 throws 404 (As the application is not deployed on that)

As I remember I didn;t do anything extra while setting up locally. Do I need to setup something like multicasting for remote machines??

Am I missing anything?

Thanks,
Suresh

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4224155#4224155