[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: NoClassDefFound Exception connecting to JBM 1.4.0

dkuanwang do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 8 13:27:34 EDT 2009

Peter,

Adding log4j.jar causes exception in the ConnectionFactory lookup which is before where the other exception happens.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: TRACE
        at org.jboss.logging.Log4jLoggerPlugin.isTraceEnabled(Log4jLoggerPlugin.java:85)

I removed the log4j.jar and I have added verbose:class in my run command but the log doesn't show much insight for me:

[Loaded org.jboss.aop.advice.org.jboss.jms.client.container.StateCreationAspect_z_handleCreateSessionDelegate_1027049 from file:/C:/JMSRemoteClient/lib/jbossall-client.jar]
[Loaded org.jboss.jms.client.container.SessionAspect from file:/C:/JMSRemoteClient/lib/jbossall-client.jar]
[Loaded org.jboss.jms.delegate.Ack from file:/C:/JMSRemoteClient/lib/jbossall-client.jar]
[Loaded javax.jms.IllegalStateException from file:/C:/JMSRemoteClient/lib/jbossall-client.jar]
[Loaded javax.jms.TransactionInProgressException from file:/C:/JMSRemoteClient/lib/jbossall-client.jar]
[Loaded org.jboss.jms.delegate.Cancel from file:/C:/JMSRemoteClient/lib/jbossall-client.jar]
[Loaded org.jboss.jms.client.state.HierarchicalStateSupport from file:/C:/JMSRemoteClient/lib/jbossall-client.jar]
[Loaded org.jboss.jms.client.state.SessionState from file:/C:/JMSRemoteClient/lib/jbossall-client.jar]
[Loaded org.jboss.jms.delegate.DeliveryInfo from file:/C:/JMSRemoteClient/lib/jbossall-client.jar]
[Loaded org.jboss.aop.advice.org.jboss.jms.client.container.SessionAspect_z_handleCreateConnectionConsumer_1027049 from file:/C:/JMSRemoteClient/lib/jbossall-client.jar]
[Loaded org.jboss.jms.client.remoting.ConsolidatedRemotingConnectionListener from file:/C:/JMSRemoteClient/lib/jbossall-client.jar]
[Loaded sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1 from __JVM_DefineClass__]
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.jboss.remoting.util.TimerUtil
        at org.jboss.remoting.ConnectionValidator.start(ConnectionValidator.java:503)

TimerUtil is in jboss-remoting.jar as well as jbossall-client.jar.  I am not sure why the JVM couldn't find.  (My JVM is 1.6.  If I switch to 1.5, I get NoClassDefFoundError exception at the same place but without the message suggesting the missing class name).

Tim,

I think the client jar is the right version because I am able to use the same set of jars to connect to the JBM queue via Hermes.  Not sure why a standalone java client would act any difference...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4224441#4224441

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4224441