[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Absolute simplest JMX/JMS authentication

javadba@gmail.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 8 17:19:15 EDT 2009

Note here I am using guest, although had previously used myUser. Same results. Also there are three different cases, shown by the parts commented out (or not). All fail the same way:  "User guest is NOT authenticated."

  |     <application-policy name="messaging">
  |        <authentication>
  |            <!-- <login-module code="org.jboss.security.auth.spi.IdentityLoginModule"
  |                         flag="required">
  |                <module-option name="principal">myuser</module-option>
  |                <module-option name="roles">j2ee</module-option> -->
  |         <login-module code="org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UsersRolesLoginModule"
  |              flag = "required">
  |              <module-option name = "unauthenticatedIdentity">guest</module-option>
  |               <module-option name = "usersProperties">props/jmx-console-users.properties</module-option>
  |                <module-option name = "rolesProperties">props/jmx-console-roles.properties</module-option>
  |
  |           <!-- <login-module code = "org.jboss.security.auth.spi.DatabaseServerLoginModule"
  | 		             flag = "required">
  |              <module-option name = "dsJndiName">java:/DefaultDS</module-option>
  |              <module-option name = "principalsQuery">SELECT PASSWD FROM JBM_USER WHERE USER_ID=?</module-option>
  |              <module-option name = "rolesQuery">SELECT ROLE_ID, 'Roles' FROM JBM_ROLE WHERE USER_ID=?</module-option>  -->
  |           </login-module>
  |        </authentication>
  |     </application-policy>

The files props/* are here:

  | # A sample roles.properties file for use with the UsersRolesLoginModule
  | myuser=JBossAdmin,HttpInvoker,manager,host-manager,guest,j2ee,durpublisher,publisher,subscriber
  |

  | # A sample users.properties file for use with the UsersRolesLoginModule
  | MCN-INC=mypassword

When the database provider was used, we added the rows in the jbm_user and jbm_roles tables.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4224496#4224496

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4224496