[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Instance Scoped Groups

akriel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 9 10:08:57 EDT 2009

I am evaluating Jbpm as a possible solution for a new project. Although in general users often belong to specific groups, it is possible on the instance level that a user may need to be added/removed from a group for that instance only.

Based on what I've seen looking at the jbpm source code something like this would have to be an extension, and is not currently supported. Have I missed something or is this an accurate statement?

Assuming I'm right about this not currently being supported, is this a feature the community would use? or does this seem like an uncommon requirement?

To clarify what I'm talking about, imagine a develop new software process. In general the same groups/people will handle each task. However assume that you have multiple contractors working at your company. These contractors need to be added on a per instance basis, because they are only contributing to the specific instance, not to every new instance of the process.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4224704#4224704

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4224704