[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: URGENT - Problem when deploying on jboss portal

aj_jboss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 10 10:01:05 EDT 2009

I did not explain properly.

When i removed the 'portlet-api-lib.jar' from my 'lib' folder, in eclipse it was giving compilation error in 'PortletDefination.java' for 'import javax.portlet.*;', so in eclipse, 'properties-java build path-liabraries' i had to add the jar file from 'ADD EXTERNAL JAR' button.

In 'portlet.xml' file, when i tried to use 'org.apache.myfaces.portlet.MyFacesGenericPortlet' class, it was giving error 'portlet threw exception', but when i added 'myfaces.jar' file from 'ADD EXTERNAL JAR' button, it did not give any error and the problem got solved.

  |     <portlet>
  |         <portlet-name>JsfTest-HelloPortlet</portlet-name>
  |         <portlet-class>org.apache.myfaces.portlet.MyFacesGenericPortlet</portlet-class>
  |         <init-param>
  |             <name>default-view</name>
  |             <value>/pages/test.jsp</value>
  |         </init-param>
  |         <supports>
  |             <mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
  |             <portlet-mode>VIEW</portlet-mode>
  |         </supports>
  |         <portlet-info>
  |         </portlet-info>
  |     </portlet>

These jar files are not in my 'war' but i have to keep them somewhere and using 'ADD EXTERNAL BUTTON' add them in the project, otherwise it gives compilation error.

So the 'classpath' file is also updated for these jar files.

I have explained the problem i was facing and how it got resolved, but i am confused.

What i have understood from this is ---
1) There are few jar files which are available in JBoss Portal, which should not be included in the application 'lib' folder.
2) In eclipse when i created the project it was giving compilation error, coz 'lib' doesn't have the jar files.

Please correct me if i am wrong.
How will the application take the jar files which are in JBoss Portal and not in 'war'?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4224895#4224895

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4224895