[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: URGENT - Problem when deploying on jboss portal

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 10 13:08:58 EDT 2009

And finally the word "Eclipse" shows up. No wonder I had no idea what you were talking about in regards to the classpath.

It appears that at this point you are fighting with Eclipse, rather than having an issue with running portlets. And yes you do need to add the portlet-api-lib.jar file to the Libraries tab on the Java Build Path for the project, otherwise Eclipse will not know about the portlet classes. However, doing so does not add the JARs to the classpath because the portlet runs within JBoss AS and not as a standalone app.

However, you do have to make certain that Eclipse does not package those JARs in your WAR file. When the WAR file is packaged, it should contain the following (based on the files you have mentioned so far):

pages/test.jsp
WEB-INF/classes/com/test/PortletDefination.class
WEB-INF/dummy-object.xml
WEB-INF/portlet-instances.xml
WEB-INF/portlet.xml
WEB-INF/web.xml

You might wonder how to convince Eclipse to generate such a WAR. I have no idea. I never compile, package or deploy anything with Eclipse - I always use Maven or Ant. This way I know what I am getting and don't have to fight with Eclipse.

As long as Eclipse places the JAR files mentioned in the Java Build Path into your WAR's WEB-INF/lib directory, it will not work. You could manually remove those JARs from the WAR before starting JBoss AS and see how that works.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4224933#4224933

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4224933