[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Having an issue with Hibernate in JbossAS5

patweb99 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 13 09:39:54 EDT 2009

I am on JBossAS5 and thanks for the reply btw.

I've reviewed your post, but don't think it will do much good. My issue is that on deployment I do not want hibernate to even load. I want my application to load it instead. Does that make sense? Is this possible? Maybe I am not understanding the loading process and it should already do this?

Here is my config as I have placed my war into an ear to test things out further.

ear:
<jboss-app>
   <loader-repository>
   com.example:loader=railo.ear
   </loader-repository>
</jboss-app>

It just does not seem to pick up, meaning I get a nasty error when attempting to use load hibernate in my app. Sorry if I am repeating myself. I just really want to get this resolved.

Here is also the top portion of the error I am getting:
org.hibernate.validator.event.ValidateEventListener
at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.buildSessionFactory(AnnotationConfiguration.java:819):819
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method):-2
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39):39
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25):25
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585):585
at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:86):86

And the classes I am attempting to load when hibernate loads:
antlr-2.7.6.jar
c3p0-0.9.1.2.jar
cglib-nodep-2.1_3.jar
dom4j-1.6.1.jar