[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: NoClassDefFound Exception from Sun AS 8.2 to JBM 1.4.0

clebert.suconic@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 13 10:52:26 EDT 2009

jbossall-client.jar is deprecated after JBoss5 only.

The reasoning for the deprecation is this:

- Think about when a customer or user found a trivial bug. We then change the class and recompile it.  Now we have to update at least two jars: -jboss-messaging.jar and jbossall-client.jar.

- Now thing about another project doing the same.. say.. jboss-cache also found a bug, and updated jboss-all-client.jar.

If we send this customer both updates, you won' t know what version of jbossall-client you should use. It' s a mess.

That's why the jar was dropped after jboss5.

jbossall-client is still being "supported"  on jboss4, however I really think it would be a good idea staying away from it for those reasons I pointed you.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4225126#4225126

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4225126