[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Load balancer to wit till the jboss server started

tosaravananm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 15 09:49:55 EDT 2009

We use JAAS Authentication policy.

To explain the problem clearly,

We have a rich client developed on eclipse rcp, login to the application will be done using this rich client. And we use client side interceptor as a load balancer and RoundRobin as a load balancing policy.

RoundRobin load balancing algorithm will select the targets(JBoss servers) in a circular fashion.

We get the problem in the following sequence
1. Start the target1 (JBoss server1)
2. Login to the application (After server1 started fully)
3. Start the target2(JBoss server2)

The calls are hitting the server2 before it started fully, and the method invocation end up in a failure because the call was for the service which is to be deployed( because the server is in the process of starting and some of the services needed are not deployed yet).

Is there a way we can notify the load balancing algorithm(RoundRobin) to choose the target(JBoss server for invocation) which is fully started with all the services deployed(meaning that the server is fully started with the attribute change notification org.jboss.system.server.started).

And to discard the targets for invocation if the target is in the process of starting.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4225642#4225642

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4225642