[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Disable WAR classloader isolation

altavatar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 17 15:40:59 EDT 2009

Hello,

I have 2 WARs contained in an EAR. I get the following error when I access any page in one of the webapps (note: the project uses JBoss Seam 2.1):

[VFSScanner] Error handling item 'index.page.xml' java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot find URL from classLoader for index.page.xml, loading from org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.WebCtxLoader$ENCLoader at 1687250

I'd like to see if this can be resolved by having both WARs share the same ClassLoader. I have tried using adding the following WEB-INF/jboss-web.xml file to both WARs:

<jboss-web>
  |    <class-loading>
  |       <loader-repository>
  |       org.jboss:archive=shared
  |       </loader-repository>
  |    </class-loading>
  | </jboss-web>

But that hasnt helped. I've read that this configuration file may be ignored in AS5 as ClassLoading is delegated to Tomcat - is this correct? How can I configure JBoss AS 5 to use the same classloader for both WARs in my EAR?

Moreover, will this approach work? I imagine that it may cause filename collision or other issues?

Thanks very much.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4226283#4226283

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4226283