[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Deployment error using Service beans

rnicholson10 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 27 01:03:17 EDT 2009

If I remove a service bean jar from an ears application.xml and redeploy, I get deployment errors for the missing jar file as if it should still exist.

Here's the first ear I deploy:

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <application xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
  | xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" version="5"
  | xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
  | http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/application_5.xsd">
  |   <display-name>SPE Test</display-name>
  |
  |   <module>
  |     <web>
  |       <web-uri>spe-test.war</web-uri>
  |       <context-root>/spe-test</context-root>
  |     </web>
  |   </module>
  |
  |   <module>
  |     <ejb>spe-test.jar</ejb>
  |   </module>
  |
  |   <module>
  |     <ejb>spe-input.jar</ejb>
  |   </module>
  |
  |   <library-directory>lib</library-directory>
  |
  | </application>

Then if I remove "spe-input.jar" from the ear file and change this file to reflect this change and redeploy:

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <application xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
  | xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" version="5"
  | xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
  | http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/application_5.xsd">
  |   <display-name>SPE Test</display-name>
  |
  |   <module>
  |     <web>
  |       <web-uri>spe-test.war</web-uri>
  |       <context-root>/spe-test</context-root>
  |     </web>
  |   </module>
  |
  |   <module>
  |     <ejb>spe-test.jar</ejb>
  |   </module>
  |
  |   <library-directory>lib</library-directory>
  |
  | </application>

I get this error:

  | DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES:
  |   Deployment "spe-input:service=inputServiceBean" is missing the following dependencies:
  |     Dependency "<UNKNOWN spe-input:service=inputServiceBean>" (should be in state "Described", but is actually in state "** UNRESOLVED Demands 'jboss.j2ee:ear=spe-test.ear,jar=spe-input.jar,name=InputServiceBean,service=EJB3' **")
  |
  | DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
  |   Deployment "<UNKNOWN spe-input:service=inputServiceBean>" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** UNRESOLVED Demands 'jboss.j2ee:ear=spe-test.ear,jar=spe-input.jar,name=InputServiceBean,service=EJB3' **

Surely the jar I removed from the ear should be undeployed as it no longer exists as part of the ear?

The only way to stop the error is to either restart JBoss or add the jar back into the ear and deploy it again.

I'd be gratefult of any insight into this.

Thanks,

Ross

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4226848#4226848

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4226848