[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] Migration of a Tomcat app to JBoss 4.x

Michael Obster michael at obster.org
Mon Apr 27 10:12:06 EDT 2009

Hi,

can anyone tell me a good strategy to migrate an existing struts 1
application from a tomcat 5.5 to a jboss 4.x release?
the problem i have, is a specialty i have in my application. the
war-file is currently deployed somewhere in the filesystem, but i use a
applicationName.xml file in conf/Catalina/localhost to deploy the
application.
the problem is, the file contains some configuration options like the
datasource, filepath to the log4j config and so on. so simply dropping
the war file into deploy of JBoss doesn't work.

is it possible to use such an xml file also in JBoss? you i have to
configure this (means where i have to drop the war- and the xml-file,
what things i have to pay attention, ...)?
or do i have to change the configuration and inject them over some extra
property-files?

kind regards,
michael obster