[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Class loader isolation for wars within ear

scandorph do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 27 13:49:02 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm investigating class loader isolation in JBoss AS 4.2.3. I've been able to isolate my ear's class loader from the application server's class loader by creating a loader-repositiory in my jboss-app.xml.

However, I also need to isolate class loading for each of the individual wars *within the ear* from each other. How do I do this?

I tried creating a loader repository for the individual wars in their jboss-web.xml however, I got an error as the loader repository can be defined only at the root. I also need to isolate the root ear from the app server so I cannot define the loader repositories only in the wars.

I searched around but could not find a feasible solution. In fact, most of it has led me to believe that this is not possible in JBoss???? Is my understanding right or am I missing something here?

Thanks for your time on this!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4227070#4227070

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4227070