[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Best way to pause delivery of messages on a queue

rnicholson10 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 28 01:04:45 EDT 2009

I'm using MDB's so I won't have direct access to the connection.

I simply want the MDB to stop firing onMessage until I tell the queue to start delivering again (without stopping clients from sending messages to the queue).

I have the following code for JMSContainerInvokerMBean (it's in the package (org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms):

  | MBeanServer mbeanServer = MBeanServerLocator.locateJBoss();
  | JMSContainerInvokerMBean invoker;
  | try
  | {
  | 	invoker = (JMSContainerInvokerMBean) MBeanProxy.get(
  | 	   JMSContainerInvokerMBean.class, objectName, mbeanServer);
  | 	if (method == STOP)
  | 	{
  | 	        invoker.stopDelivery();
  | 	}
  | 	else if (method == START)
  | 	{
  | 		invoker.startDelivery();
  | 	}
  | }
  | catch( Exception e)
  | {
  | 	e.printStackTrace();
  | }

Would the JMX forum be a better place to ask this question? Unfortunately the documentation is not very informative concerning the method calls above.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4227140#4227140

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4227140