[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: ManagedConnectionFactory lifecycle

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 28 06:01:37 EDT 2009

MCF lifecycle is a feature that is projected to be added in jca 1.6 (jsr322)
http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=322
(along with other annotation handling and the new javabean validation mechanism - jsr303).

Instead of an interface it is supposed to use the @PostConstruct and @PreDestroy
annotations on the javabean methods.
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/annotation/package-summary.html

If we are going to implement it early then I'd rather do that.

The difficulty comes in that we are only suppossed to process the annotations
when the ra.xml (when there is one)
specifies 1.6+ as the version (which obviously doesn't exist yet :-)

So maybe we could add some jboss specific metadata/annotation that enables
it for earlier versions?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4227224#4227224

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4227224