[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: Load Seam example into Eclipse JBoss Tools?

oneworld95 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 28 07:52:33 EDT 2009

Thanks, snjeza. After having pulled my hair out for more than a month, I'm giving up on Seam... for now. Haven't been able to make any headway with it. I've found tutorials, try to implement them in Eclipse as a new Seam Project, get to a certain point, and have 10,000 Java exceptions thrown in my face.

This is true of the tutorial here: http://docs.jboss.com/seam/latest/reference/en-US/html/tutorial.html

Got the Registration example working by building it manually in Eclipse using the JBoss Tools. Couldn't find a way to import it successfully and run it.

The app worked for one day. Came back the next day, added another project, now the Registration project was choking too. Hadn't even touched it. It worked one day, not the next. Very brittle technology, and that's why I'm not going to use it right now. Going with JSF and AJAX. That's sufficiently painful.

Someday Seam will be an easy-to-use, pain-free tech, but not right now. It got so bad, I even thought about quitting this job and going back to the dreaded .NET world! I think if I get my Ph.D. in computer science along with some post doctoral research, have a dozen Red Hat consultants sitting next to me, I might actually be able to get Seam to work. In the meantime, I need to get some actual work done before they fire me.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4227263#4227263

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4227263