[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Portal page transition with passing parameters to portlet.

jrondo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 28 19:41:35 EDT 2009

Hi Good Day people,

I'm been trying to solve this problem on the past few days but got no luck on the finding the solution.
I tried to ask mr. google to find some reference but I cannot find the the right one or something related to my problem, thats why I post now the problem on the forum.

Describe your environment:
JBoss Portal Version: JBoss Enterprise Portal Platform 4.3
Did you get Portal from Subversion? or download it? : download
JBoss AS Version: 4.3.3
Database Vendor and Version: SQLServer 2005
JDBC Connector and version: sqljdbc, (sorry i dont know the version.)
OS Platform: Windows XP SP2

For the background,
I'm using the CMS bundled to jboss portal for my news portlet.
I create news using CMS by creating a file and saving it as a html file. On my portlet, using the CMS service i was able to retrieved the folders and files about the news.
I'm using JSF on a portlet environment.

Describe the problem:

Here's the problem.
On my portal I have 2 pages. Home and News

--------------------
| Home | News |
--------------------

The news page contain the news portlet that show all the news on the portal. When i click on a particular news, It will display the details of the news or the contents of the file. (This is already ok)

The home page contain also the news portlet. The news portlet displays only the latest news (which is also done).

The thing is that the users suggest that when news link is click from the home page, the screen will be redirected to the News page showing the news details.

Thats what is bugging on my mind on the past few days.

I have a initial solution on the problem. Using the jboss render request and action request, i was able to create the correct url going to the news page. Using also that, I can also add parameters on the url.

but the problem on my initial solution, i cannot access the request parameters of the portal page on my portlet.

Is there a way i can access the request parameters of the portal on my portlet so i can use it as my flag to display the news contents instead of the default listing of page on the News Page?

I also try browsing the examples on jboss portal but i cannot find something like that. what i notice on 1 example is when the user click on something on the portlet, the portlet is maximized on the current page but not like what i describe above.

Hi people, if you think there is a better solution about my approach or other idea, or tips, please post a reply, any help are greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Regards,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4227375#4227375

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4227375