[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: NullPointerException in JavaEEComponentHelper with JBoss

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 29 22:55:19 EDT 2009

"japase" wrote :

  | 1) As I understand we should remove the Classpath entries from _all_ the jar deployments: not only EJBs, but also all the plain jar files in the "lib" folder.

You can let the plain jars have the ClassPath entries to point to other plain jars. Infact the EJB jars too can have Classpath entries pointing to *plain jar* files. But just make sure the EJB jars do not point to other EJB jars through Classpath attribute in the MANIFEST.MF. The reason i asked you to remove all Classpath entries was to keep it simple :)

"japase" wrote :
  | 2) What about plain jar referring each other, i.e. if we have a plain jar file in the "lib" folder referring another plain jar file from the same "lib" folder? Will it work without Classpath specification?

Yes, it will work without the need for ClassPath attribute in MANIFEST.MF.

"japase" wrote :
  | 3) What about war files and jar files within war files? The jar files within war files need to access the plain jar files from the ear’s "lib" folder,

The plain jars in the "lib" of the EAR are available to all components, including the jars in the WAR file, within that EAR. So it will work.

"japase" wrote :
  | The jar files within war files need to access the plain jar files from the ear’s "lib" folder, but also EJBs.

Yes, the EJBs (placed at the root of the EAR) too will be available to the WARs (and the jars within that WAR).

"japase" wrote :
  |  Do we need to have any Classpath specification for those jar and war files?

No, not needed.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4227682#4227682

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4227682