[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Hibernate Search - fluchtoindexes slooooowww!

scoobymib3 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 30 00:01:26 EDT 2009

Hi,

We are indexing a table with approx 125000 rows in using hibernate search. The loop over the objects works fine but when it hits flushToIndexes() it takes approx 10 mins to start the next batch. This is causing our index to be ridiculously slow and, as this is one table of about 30, causes our index to not complete!

  | @SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
  |     public void indexEntity(Class entityClass) {
  |         LOG.debug("Indexing " + entityClass.getName());
  |
  |         fullTextSession.setFlushMode(FlushMode.MANUAL);
  |         fullTextSession.setCacheMode(CacheMode.IGNORE);
  |
  |         // Scrollable results will avoid loading too many objects in memory
  |         ScrollableResults results = fullTextSession.createCriteria(entityClass)
  |                .setFetchSize(BATCH_SIZE).scroll(ScrollMode.FORWARD_ONLY);
  |
  |         int index = 0;
  |
  |         while (results.next()) {
  |             fullTextSession.index(results.get(0)); // index each element
  |             if (index % BATCH_SIZE == 0) {
  |                 fullTextSession.flushToIndexes(); // apply changes to indexes
  |                 fullTextSession.clear(); // clear since the queue is processed
  |             }
  |         }
  |         results.close();
  |         fullTextSession.setFlushMode(FlushMode.AUTO);
  |     }

Anyone any ideas?

If you need the class file let me know...

Cheers
Martin

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4227691#4227691

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4227691