[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Using StubExt.PROPERTY_CLIENT_TIMEOUT to control timeout of

jamesjoh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 30 08:50:59 EDT 2009

I'm using the native jbossws jax-ws 2.0 implementation.  I want to control the timeout on a request I am making to a customer's web service.  After searching I found out about setting the property

StubExt.PROPERTY_CLIENT_TIMEOUT

on the request context, which I get from my Dispatch object.  I set the timeout to 120 seconds (120000 milliseconds).  Though my request timed out much quicker than the default timeout, it actually took about 5 minutes for it to time out.  The exception thrown said it timed out after "120000ms" but the log entries for the request start & timeout exception are 5 minutes apart.  I dropped it down to 90 seconds and it took roughly 4 minutes to time out.  Is there something magic about this property that the desired timeout is not being honored?  Clearly the property is being used in SOME capacity to control the timeout, it just isn't actually timing out at the desired time.  Does anyone have any insight into why this is?  Thank you in advance for your time.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4227867#4227867

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4227867