[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - messages getting stuck in ESB queue after a period of inacti

hardew do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Aug 1 20:01:16 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I have created a MDB to retrieve messages from a remote queue. For that I have configured and included jboss.xml, ejb-jar.xml and application.xml files in the ear file. I have also configured mbean in hajndi-ds.xml and proxy configuration in standardjboss.xml.
I deployed this ear file into jboss\\all\deploy\,  I am using Jboss AS 4.2.3. There is a firewall sitting between ESB queue and MDB.

With the above configuration, MDB is able to retrieve and process the messages from remote queue.

The problem is that - messages getting stuck in ESB queue (remote queue) after a period of inactivity.
Thereafter MDB is not able to receive message. I need to restart the JBoss or mdb-proxy-binding from JMX-Console then only it again able to retrieve and process message.

One possible reason is firewall session time out; If this is the case, then how to configure session timeout in MDB?

Please provide pointer/solution for this.

Thanks,
Hardew

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4247405#4247405

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4247405