[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: change hibernate , replace with other orm

sebastian.s do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 2 07:19:23 EDT 2009

Hello Tommy,

I am still quite new to jBPM and I am not an expert on this but I think jBPM depends heavily on Hibernate. Changing jBPM to use a different ORM would require quite some changes and coding.

You would have to rewrite / change all parts where Hibernate is used - this means all method and function calls etc. So there is no easy way or description of changing the ORM used in the project. Whereever persistence is required in jBPM Hibernate is used - so that would mean huge changes.

In case I got something wrote I'll be happy to hear corrections and statements of the advanced users here.

Anyway: What's the problem with Hibernate? Since it is used internally by jBPM you don't have to deal directly with it. So where is the point in changing the ORM?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4247430#4247430

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4247430