[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - EJB Deployment Error with MANIFEST entry 'Class-Path'

murdochjohn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 2 16:40:13 EDT 2009

Hi all,

i'm experiencing a strange behaviour while deploying an EAR that contains three EJB-JARs. One of them is linked via the MANIFEST entry 'Class-Path' to an other. Without the MANIFEST entry the deployment works as expected.

The Exception shown:

  | 20:42:37,408 ERROR [AbstractKernelController] Error installing to Start: name=jboss.j2ee:ear=ear-1-1.0.ear,jar=ejb-2-1.0.jar,name=MyMessageEJB,service=EJB3 state=Create
  | org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: Required config property RequiredConfigPropertyMetaData at 81d5e[name=destination descriptions=[DescriptionMetaData at 394901[language=en]]] for messagingType 'javax.jms.MessageListener' not found in activation config [] ra=jboss.jca:service=RARDeployment,name='jms-ra.rar'

I'm using:

- JBoss 5.1.0 GA
- JDK 1.5.0_19

This is the application descriptor:

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <application xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
  |                    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  |                    xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/application_5.xsd" version="5">
  |   <description>Application</description>
  |   <display-name>Application</display-name>
  |   <module>
  |     <ejb>ejb-1-1.0.jar</ejb>
  |   </module>
  |   <module>
  |     <ejb>ejb-2-1.0.jar</ejb>
  |   </module>
  |   <module>
  |     <ejb>mdb-1-1.0.jar</ejb>
  |   </module>
  | </application>

The MANIFEST i'm using:

  | Archiver-Version: Plexus Archiver
  | Created-By: Apache Maven
  | Built-By: john
  | Build-Jdk: 1.5.0_19
  | Class-Path: mdb-1-1.0.jar

The sample application EAR can be downloaded here: http://www.moumantai.de/dl/application.zip. The ZIP file includes the two EAR files (the one working and the one throwing the exception) and a destination-service.xml to create the necessary queue.

I'm need to build the applications classpath via the MANIFEST. Any suggestions to solve the problem?

Thanks a lot.
JOHN

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4247451#4247451

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4247451