[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - static ejb client stubs?

robert.geisler do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 4 03:25:03 EDT 2009

hello...

in our project we used ejb 2.1 and JBoss 4.2.2. lately we migrated to ejb 3.0 and tested portability on WebsphereAS. this worked very well, but there was one clear conspicuousness... that is that WebsphereAS uses static ejb stubs, which the developer/ deployer has to generate and to deploy to clients.

now we wonder how this is done in JBoss. we know about dynamic stubs aka. proxies; the server generates and the client downloads them; all automatically.
and well, this is fine, because it is easy. but is it best?

thats why i am asking you... can you please (link me to some documentation that) explain in detail how client-server-communication works?
* when and how many times does the client download a stub for one remote business interface? how often does the server generate that stub?
  | * is there a option in JBoss to use static stubs (as in WebsphereAS)? how does one generate these stubs?
i guess, you allready noticed that i am asking because of performance (cpu for generating, network traffic for downloading). of course i know that dynamic stubs are easy, but i want to balance both options.

thanks in advance.
robert

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4247752#4247752

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4247752