[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Can't access java namespace

diegomansua do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 4 04:15:32 EDT 2009

Hi. I have deployed an old version of JForum, and I've declared its datasource like this:

  | <xa-datasource>
  |   <jndi-name>forum</jndi-name>
  |   <xa-datasource-class>org.postgresql.xa.PGXADataSource</xa-datasource-class>
  |   <xa-datasource-property name="ServerName">localhost</xa-datasource-property>
  |   <xa-datasource-property name="PortNumber">5432</xa-datasource-property>
  |   <xa-datasource-property name="DatabaseName">forum</xa-datasource-property>
  |   <user-name>test</user-name>
  |   <password>test</password>
  |   <transaction-isolation>TRANSACTION_SERIALIZABLE</transaction-isolation>
  |   <min-pool-size>1</min-pool-size>
  |   <max-pool-size>10</max-pool-size>
  |   <blocking-timeout-millis>5000</blocking-timeout-millis>
  |   <idle-timeout-minutes>15</idle-timeout-minutes>
  |   <security-domain/>
  |   <application-managed-security/>
  | </xa-datasource>

When JForum tries to get the datasource reference, it gets a NameNotFoundException. The code is like this:

  | Context context = new InitialContext();
  | this.ds = (DataSource)context.lookup(SystemGlobals.getValue(ConfigKeys.DATABASE_DATASOURCE_NAME));

Where the value returned by SystemGlobals.getValue(ConfigKeys.DATABASE_DATASOURCE_NAME) is "java:forum".

If I access the JNDIView mbean from the JMX console, I can see the datasource correctly bound:

  | java: Namespace
  |
  |   +- forum (class: org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource)

I also tried using a reference bound to the comp/env context of this app, using this inside jboss-web.xml:

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <jboss-web>
  |     <resource-ref>
  |         <res-ref-name>jdbc/forum</res-ref-name>
  |         <jndi-name>java:forum</jndi-name>
  |     </resource-ref>
  | </jboss-web>

And this inside web.xml:

  | <resource-ref>
  | 	<description>Hibernate</description>
  | 	<res-ref-name>jdbc/forum</res-ref-name>
  | 	<res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
  | 	<res-auth>Container</res-auth>
  | </resource-ref>

And again, it shows in JNDIView but I always get a NameNotFoundException when performing the lookup java:/comp/env/jdbc/forum:

  | java:comp namespace of the forum.war application:
  |
  |   +- UserTransaction[link -> UserTransaction] (class: javax.naming.LinkRef)
  |   +- env (class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext)
  |   |   +- jdbc (class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext)
  |   |   |   +- forum[link -> java:forum] (class: javax.naming.LinkRef)

The only way I can make it work is by setting use-java-context to false in the datasource declaration, so the datasource is bound to the global context, and JForum can see it, but I'd like to avoid this.

With a newer JForum version, this doesn't happen, but I think the JNDI lookup code is exactly the same, and any of the apps have JNDI specific configuration.

Thanks in advance

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4247770#4247770

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4247770