[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: JBoss 5 Integration

hilmer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 5 03:06:32 EDT 2009

This was very sad news indeed!

We have been using the explanation on the wiki for doing this, under the (obviously wrong) impression that this was the route forward ;-(

Now this announcement that 2.7 will never be supported on EAP5 literally pulls the carpet away under us.

So I have a few questions about this new product:

1) Will it be backwards compatible (feature wise) with 2.7?
2) We rely on stuff like setting up instances and objects in -object.xml and portlet-instances.xml. Will this be available?
3) Will partial content refresh be supported, we rely heavily on that?
4) Can the portal be customized using layouts and themes?
6) What about custom rendersets?

This is just from the top of my head, more questions might surface later.

I am really a bit shocked, that the old portal is discontinued like this.

--Soren

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4248039#4248039

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4248039