[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Deployment of WAR slow

JohnDoe123 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 5 04:27:42 EDT 2009

Hi!

I am developing a web application currently.

Libraries/Tools:

Richfaces 3.3.1
JSF 1.2
Seam 2.1.2
JBoss 5.0.1
Eclipse Ganymed

Problem:
Whenever I change some jsf/richfaces xhtml files I need to restart the server for the changes to take effect.

Hot Deployment won't work. When I change a file and save it, I see the status "Republish" in the Servers tab of eclipse. I need to wait about 30 seconds until it says synchronized again but when I reload the page, it's still the old one. The only way to see the changed xhtml files is to restart the server or do a clean (which does not work every time).

Isn't there a way to speed up development? It's taking me ages to implement and test minor changes that way.

Please help!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4248052#4248052

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4248052