[jboss-user] [Remoting] - [Solved] Re: Problem running with Maven

eric.rotick do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 5 07:56:02 EDT 2009

First thing is that jmx is not as independent as the remoting guide would have you believe and the jboss-jmx jar is certainly needed. There is already a JIRA to this effect at https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBREM-808.

Now that jboss-jmx is required, dom4j is also required according to the remoting guide. However, the real killer was that jboss-serialization is needed although I am not using jboss serialization. Add that dependency and everything works.

In conclusion, it seems to me that the maven support for jboss, at least the remoting project, is broken. Many of the poms have no dependencies so it looks like the jars have simply been 'installed' in the repository. There are several version of standard packages in the jboss repositories, e.g. dom4j and concurrent which have jboss versions but no way to know if they should be used. The repositories seem inconsistent, some have the remoting jar but not the subsets etc.

I've read, although I cannot currently find, that with remoting 3 there will be a move to maven builds which, hopefully, will sort this out.

Shame really as remoting seems very good.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4248096#4248096

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4248096