[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - broadcast packet flooding the network

ywtsang do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 5 21:45:15 EDT 2009

we are using jboss-4.2.0.GA , internal gigabit network

usually we have deployed 3 jboss, all in a cluster, and it works perfectly

and recently, we have deployed more jboss, but in a different cluster (i.e. using a different cluster name), and find that the broadcast packets in the network happen to flood the network seriously

e.g.
before: each machine have 1.X broadcast packet per second
after: occasionally each machine have several thousand packets per second

i am still checking the real cause, but want to confirm if jboss will contribute "broadcast" packets? as i just assume that it just multicast packets

also, can anyone share that how many jboss can be deployed in a cluster in production environment without problem?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4248273#4248273

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4248273