[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: Transactions Created On Reads Holding Up Writers ???

snacker do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 5 22:55:58 EDT 2009

According to the "MVCCLockManager" api:
 (http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbosscache/freezone/docs/3.1.0.CR1/apidocs/org/jboss/cache/lock/MVCCLockManager.html anonymous wrote : Boss Cache's MVCC design doesn't use read locks at all.

Really?

Then why are the writers waiting for the reader transactons to complete (or request writes themselves) before it will update the cache as shown in the stacks from the earlier posts???

We are getting many timeouts in our production environment due to this problem.

I don't think this has anything to do with jgroups, so SwarmCache (or memcached) might be something we're going to take a look at soon.

Does JBoss have paid support for JBoss Cache?  We really need some answers to the problems we are having.

The only thing we need is for the cache's to NOT join to the ejb transactions (at least not for reading at a minimum).
We would like to manage any cache transactions manually if possible.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4248282#4248282

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4248282