[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - how does jboss find jboss-log4j.xml

ramon_lmj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 12 04:35:29 EDT 2009

As we know, in conf/jboss-service.xml, Log4jService is configured with specified url resource:jboss-log4j.xml. This is not a URL with file protocol.
My question is what is resource protocol.  And how can jboss find the actual jboss-log4j.xml file under conf folder.
I tried
URL configURL = new URL("resource:jboss-log4j.xml");
but the following exception is thrown.
Exception in thread "main" java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: resource
	at java.net.URL.(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URL.(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URL.(Unknown Source)

could someone give me some tips? thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4249147#4249147

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4249147