[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Printing Service with thread unsave drivers

Till Dreier do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 13 06:01:19 EDT 2009

We are developing a label printing webservice for our company.

The service gets the data from the request and creates a label with jasper. This is working fine. After that we want to print out the label and here we have the problem that the driver is not thread save. If we have some parallel requests the application crashes.

So I want to ask you if there is a solution how to make this working? We have now made the printing method singleton, this is working but not really performant. And we created a queuing thread for every printer but this is also not working because the printers are using the same driver. So there must be a solution with multiple processes.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4249361#4249361

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4249361