[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - setProperty must be overridden by allsubclasses of SOAPMessa

JBOSSFREEBEE do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 13 10:30:36 EDT 2009

 I am trying to run a standalone java client which will invoke a webservice. My webservice is a session bean implementation and is running and tested with SOAP UI. My client code looks like the following :

1 URL url = new URL ("wsdlURL");
2 QName qname = ("ServiceURI", "ServiceName")

3 ServiceFactory factory = Service.Factory.newInstance();
4 Service service = factory.createService(url, qname);

5 BeanName bean = (BeanName) remote.getPort(BeanName.class);

6 System.out.println( bean.method( String input));

On running this I am getting the following error on line no.6

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException at bean.method(Unknown Source) .....................................

Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: setProperty must be overridden by allsubclasses of SOAPMessage ........................

After reading some postings on this issue i added the following jars to endorsed dir

activation.jar
jaxb-api.jar
stax-api.jar

in addition to serializer, xalan and xerces, this did not help.

I am using jdk 1.6, JBOSS AS 4.3, Eclipse 3.4.2.

This issue has been discussed in many places in web, but i could not figure out what will actually make it work. Any help will be appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4249435#4249435

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4249435