[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Beginners problem with ((StubExt)port).setSecurityConfig

soboko do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 13 18:31:49 EDT 2009

I was running into a similar ClassCastException. The difference is that I'm using Maven and NetBeans 6.7 to generate my test client.

To get this to work, I had to change my project dependencies from this (which was generated by NetBeans)...

        <dependency>
  |             <groupId>com.sun.xml.ws</groupId>
  |             <artifactId>webservices-rt</artifactId>
  |             <version>1.4</version>
  |             <scope>provided</scope>
  |         </dependency>

...to this:

        <dependency>
  |             <groupId>org.jboss.javaee</groupId>
  |             <artifactId>jboss-ejb-api</artifactId>
  |             <version>3.0.0.GA</version>
  |         </dependency>
  |
  |         <dependency>
  |             <groupId>org.jboss</groupId>
  |             <artifactId>jbossxb</artifactId>
  |             <version>2.0.1.GA</version>
  |         </dependency>
  |
  |         <dependency>
  |             <groupId>org.jboss.ws.native</groupId>
  |             <artifactId>jbossws-native-client</artifactId>
  |             <version>3.1.2.SP3</version>
  |         </dependency>

Along the way, I tried using:

        <dependency>
  |             <groupId>jboss.jbossws</groupId>
  |             <artifactId>jbossws-core</artifactId>
  |             <version>3.0.1-native-2.0.4.GA</version>
  |         </dependency>

Which corresponds to your jbossws-client-3.0.1-native-2.0.4.GA.jar. That one did not work for me, I had to change the dependencies as described above.

I still don't know if those are the right dependencies, but those are my best guesses. Figuring out all these dependencies has been purely trial-and-error and it's been a bit frustrating. Other aspects of the setup process were pretty well documented, but figuring out what dependencies I need to include to use annotations like @WebContext, @EndpointConfig, etc. was not. I had to use findjar.com (which gave me misleading info a lot of the time) and decompress random jars in order to find the right dependencies!

I ended up adding these dependencies to my server-side EJB project in order to use those annotations:

        <dependency>
  |             <groupId>org.jboss.ws</groupId>
  |             <artifactId>jbossws-spi</artifactId>
  |             <version>1.1.2.GA</version>
  |             <scope>provided</scope>
  |         </dependency>
  |
  |         <dependency>
  |             <groupId>jboss.jbossws</groupId>
  |             <artifactId>jbossws-core</artifactId>
  |             <version>3.0.1-native-2.0.4.GA</version>
  |             <scope>provided</scope>
  |         </dependency>

And, to resolve these dependencies, I need this:

	<repository>
  | 		<id>jboss</id>
  | 		<url>http://repository.jboss.org/maven2</url>
  | 	</repository>

I don't know if this is correct or not. If anyone has better information, I would greatly appreciate it!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4249535#4249535

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4249535