[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: make sure my hibernate config in jboss remains the same?

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 16 00:42:33 EDT 2009

"Elhanan" wrote : ok i've done some more digging and the previous excption was solved here:
  | http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3974805
  |
  | and why did changing the jndi properties file worked?

Do not package any jndi.properties file in your application. JBoss already has the correct one in JBOSS_HOME/server/< servername>/conf folder. Packaging a jndi.properties in your application might lead to incorrect entries, as you already might have realized.

"Elhanan" wrote :

  | it is true we passing back a pooled execuer from the bean, but why would jboss care about this now?

The EJB spec dictates that the objects passed to and from the beans should be serializable. The CallByValue setting is JBoss server specific and will not work if you are invoking the bean from a remote client (like a standalone application). Furthermore, you might run into issues on WebSphere if it strictly follows the EJB spec.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4249777#4249777

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4249777