[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - reading a file stored outside the .war

Karthik Nanjangude karthik.nanjangude at xius-bcgi.com
Thu Aug 20 01:29:10 EDT 2009

Hi

Check thie URL

https://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/ExternalDirectories;jsessionid=82E8BDFD535CCFD891D6CCE095183876

with regards
KArthik

-----Original Message-----
From: jboss-user-bounces at lists.jboss.org [mailto:jboss-user-bounces at lists.jboss.org] On Behalf Of sdein
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 10:06 PM
To: jboss-user at lists.jboss.org
Subject: [jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - reading a file stored outside the .war

hi,

we are developing a servlet here that will read the content of a couple of files and outputs binary data.
rather than storing our base-files in a database (which would be quite slow, given the size of our files) or putting them in the .war (which would prevent us from later adding files short of rebuilding/redeploying) we want to store them in a local folder of the system where our jboss-instance runs and open them as files via FileInputStream:

o) where would be the "proper" directory to store those files?
o) is there a "proper way" to do this (obvious extensions will be a file-upload/management servlet as a next step)?

thanks for any help that can point us into the right direction!
cheers,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4250446#4250446

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4250446