[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: reading a file stored outside the .war

sdein do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 20 05:41:33 EDT 2009

thanks!
what we did was to use the "properties mbean service" from the link together with an input stream opened via an url. this seemed like the most future-proof way of setting this up (web-service and asset-storage are completely decoupled from each other):

property-service.xml:

<server>
  |   <mbean code="org.jboss.varia.property.SystemPropertiesService"
  |     name="jboss:type=Service,name=SystemProperties">
  |
  |     <attribute name="Properties">
  |       AssetPath=file:///g|projects/ourProject/assets/test.txt
  |     </attribute>
  |
  |   </mbean>
  | </server>

and in the servlet:

String path = System.getProperty("AssetPath");

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4250561#4250561

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4250561